Maintains Scalp Health. Henna has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties (1), (2). …
1. Maintains Scalp Health
- Henna has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- It can be cooling for the scalp and help maintain scalp health.
- It inhibits the growth of Malassezia, fungi that cause dandruff
2. Balances Oil Production And pH Levels
- Henna not only keeps issues like dandruff at bay but is also an excellent ingredient for balancing oil production and the pH of your scalp.
- It removes the excess oil from your hair and also restores the normal functioning of the sebaceous glands.
3. Promotes Hair Growth And Reduces Hair Fall
- A study showed that henna helped reduce hair loss.
- It also prevents split ends, reduces hair damage, and boosts scalp health.
- Boosted scalp health, unclogging of pores, and balanced pH levels can put a stop to hair loss and promote healthy hair growth.
4. Repairs And Strengthens Hair
- The nutrients in henna help nourish your hair while also repairing the damage.
- Research shows that henna reduces split ends, hair loss, and hair damage, making hair strong.
- It also helps prevent scabies and scalp acne, keeping the scalp clean.
5. Conditions Hair
- Henna is a conditioner that keeps hair moisturized while removing excess sebum.
- It can be especially beneficial when used in hair packs in combination with other hydrating ingredients.
- Henna helps minimize issues, such as hair breakage and split ends
- Henna possesses a large range of beneficial properties.
- It has antioxidant, antimicrobial, antidiabetic, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, antiparasitic, antidermatophytic properties, anticancer, antiviral, wound healing, immunomodulatory, hepatoprotective, tuberculostatic, antifertility, and protein glycation inhibitor properties.
It’s a natural hair dye: One of its most obvious uses, henna makes a fabulous hair dye. Not only is it a great natural alternative to the otherwise chemical options available readily in the markets, it is also healthier for your hair, and cost-effective.
Henna For Hair Growth – Side Effects And Precautions
It is crucial to ensure that the henna you are using is 100% organic. This is because most henna powders available on the market include harsh chemicals, such as PPD (Paraphenylenediamine), to improve the color results.